Table of Contents
|Known As||Baba Ji|
|Birth||1 August 1954 (age 64 years)|
|Birth Place||Moga, Punjab, India|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in Commerce|
|Wife’s Name||Shabnam Dhillon|
|Son’s Name||Gurpreet Singh Dhillon and Gurkirat Singh Dhillon|
|Predecessor||Maharaj Charan Singh Ji|
Gurinder Singh Ji Maharaj is the current head of the Radha Soami Satsang Beas dera. His followers address him as ‘Baba Ji’. Gurinder Singh Ji was born into a Dhillon family and took over the spiritual seat of Radha Soami Satsang Beas after his uncle Maharaj Charan Singh Ji. Baba Ji was born on 1st of August, 1954 at Moga, Punjab. Gurinder Singh Ji was working as an investment banker in Spain. He was nominated as the next Radha Soami Satsang Beas Dera Guru in 1990 and had come to India from Spain for the birth of his second son when he got selected by Charan Singh Ji, his uncle to become the next spiritual head of RSSB.
Baba Gurinder Singh Ji Family History
To get details about the family history of Baba Gurinder Singh Dhillon, read the following:
Baba Gurinder Ji Wife:Shabnam Singh Dhillon is the wife of Gurinder Singh Radha Soami. She is 57 years old and is known to handle most of the family businesses of Dhillon clan.
Baba Gurinder Singh Ji Sons:Baba Ji has two sons, one is Gurpreet Singh Dhillon and other is Gurkeerat Singh Dhillon. Gurpreet Singh Dhillon, the elder son of Gurinder Singh Ji is the head of the RHT health trust which is based in Singapore. Gurkeerat Singh Dhillon is the younger son of Gurinder Singh Ji. Earlier he was an operations manager at Fortis Healthcare International but now he has moved to London.
Daughter – in – law of Gurinder Singh Ji:Nayantara Sahgal, wife of Gurpreet Singh Dhillon is the daughter in law of Baba Gurinder Singh Ji. She was running a company called Vichitra Enterprises along with Sapna Godhwani, wife of Sunil Godhwani . Sunil Godhwani is friends with Dhillon family and he is the person who has been managing all the finances of the Radha Soami Dera.
Spiritual Teachings by Radha Soami Baba Gurinder Singh Ji
The teachings and philosophies of Baba Gurinder Singh Ji represent the spiritual teachings of Radha Soami Satsang Beas organization. These are given as follows:
- To develop a sense of belief that God resides within all of us and to experience that divine force should be the be all and end all of a human being.
- Satsang should be done by every individual seeking God because it is the only way through which a group or an individual can seek truth and divinity.
- Baba Ji teach their followers to take the path of spiritual development if they want to attain freedom from the circle of birth and death.
- The path of spiritual development includes adopting a lacto – vegetarian diet, leading a moral way of life, meditating regularly, giving up all kinds of vices such as tobacco, alcohol, and mind – altering drugs etc.
- The Radha Soami Satsang Beas also does not emphasize any rituals, contributions, hierarchies and ceremonies. Instead, they preach that there is no need for the members to quit their cultural or religious identity if they want to follow this spiritual path.
- Every Guru of the Radha Soami Satsang Beas Dera has always taught and preached among their followers that meditation/simran or adopting Surat Shabad Yoga and singing bhajans is the prime way of meeting God.
Gurinder Singh Dhillon News
Maharaj Charan Singh Ji had two grandsons from his daughter’s side, named Malvinder Singh and Shivinder Singh. Their father Parvinder Singh started the erstwhile company called Ranbaxy Labs which started bringing them closer to the Radha Soami sect. Charan Singh daughter’s family would visit the Radha Soami Satsang Beas dera regularly and it was expected that Parvinder Singh would be the next spiritual head of the dera but he succumbed to cancer and Charan Singh chose his nephew, Gurinder Singh Dhillon to be the next spiritual head of the Beas dera. Dhillon family had very good relations with the Singh brothers but off late there has been some sort of barriers between them.